Network Wrapper Module for perl -- need suggestion

From:
Max Wang
Date:
March 24, 2000 15:49
Subject:
Network Wrapper Module for perl -- need suggestion
Message ID:
20000324234931.25236.qmail@web3905.mail.yahoo.com
Hi perl experts,

I am gonna write a Socket Wrapper(Object Interface)
for perl. Then compare the quality and performance
with a C++ Socket Wrapper Classes Package. Main
function includes DNS,Socket,Select,Callback,... all
network related. Can anyone help me about:

1. Is there already any similar work done? If so, what
else do you think I can do?

2. Where can I find some information about
quality/performance/efficiency anlysis about Perl
language?

I appreciate your help very much.

Max