Re: [19990529.002] DynaLoader does not work properly if perl is not the main program (AIX)

From:
Jens-Uwe Mager
Date:
March 23, 2000 07:37
Re: [19990529.002] DynaLoader does not work properly if perl is not the main program (AIX)
Message ID:
20000323163730.A39328@ans.helios.de
In <199905291509.RAA43978@ans.helios.de> I submitted a patch to get perl
extension loading work if perl is not the main program, e.g if it is
itself a plug-in to another system like mod_perl in Apache.

Unfortunately I deleted more code than was good, as in the mod_perl case
the loaded extensions might still need to bind to symbols from the main
Apache executable as well as to the perl callbacks in the mod_perl
shared object. So I would like to submit another patch for
perl-5.6.0-RC3, that partially re-instates the old code to bind against
the real main part of the executable but keeps the change that binds
against the shared object perl is linked into (which may be the same).

This patch also handles some compilation issues of FREAD and FWRITE
being defined in the system headers (clashes with perlio) and implements
the new dl_unload_file call.

--
Jens-Uwe Mager

HELIOS Software GmbH