develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2000

Re: fixing Sys::Hostname

From:
simon
Date:
February 7, 2000 06:06
Re: fixing Sys::Hostname
Message ID:
slrn89tka9.vfh.simon@othersideofthe.earth.li
Tom Christiansen (lists.p5p):
>And not a single one of you has paid attention
>to the tmpfile problem that's triggered a couple dozen bugtraq
>reports against Perl in the last six months.

i) I don't think you are in a prime position to tell us what we haven't
read, thought about and paid attention to.
ii) It's been discussed, here, recently. Within the week. Don't you remember?

Sure, nothing will ever get done about it, because this is p5p, but for
crying out loud, don't go saying we haven't paid attention to it.

--
"By golly, I'm beginning to think Linux really *is* the best thing since
sliced bread."