develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 1999

Re: [ID 19991208.002] Matching quotes in POD2MAN

From:
Russ Allbery
Date:
December 8, 1999 13:30
Re: [ID 19991208.002] Matching quotes in POD2MAN
Message ID:
ylhfht9l38.fsf@windlord.stanford.edu
Steven Wartik <swartik@ida.org> writes:

> On line 873 of pod2man, there is a comment that reads:

> 	    # if you know how to get ":s please do

> Is the problem caused by the lack of a colon in second parenthesized
> expression of the regular expression on line 951?  Or should I ask, why
> doesn't that RE have a colon?  I inserted one and pod2man translated ":s
> correctly.  Of course, troff being what it is, there may be a good
> reason why the colon was omitted...

It's a problem with nested quote marks on section header lines.  It's been
fixed in the rewrite of pod2man that uses Pod::Parser and comes with the
latest development version of Perl.

--
Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)         <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>