Front page | perl.perl5.porters |
Postings from November 1999
November 29, 1999 11:03
Message ID: 3842CDE8.3D819D15@netscape.com
I'm writing an FAQ titled "Perl, Unicode and I18N", to be presented at the next
It is aimed at both users and porters.
Some of the sections are:
- What is Internationalization?
- What are the Unicode and I18N features in various Perl releases?
- What are the relevant Perl internals?
- What are the design goals to date for updating Perl for Unicode support? (This is
the hard one I think!)
- How do commonly used operating systems support Unicode and I18N (summary of
Solaris, MacOS, Windoze)?
- How do you write I18N web programs?
Send me your email address if you want weekly snapshots of this, especially as a
This has to be substantially completed by Jan 7, luckily I have 'tuits.
Maybe an O'Reilly book here?
> I noticed some comments in MJD's digest about problems with EBCDIC and Unicode.
> This could have implications for my Convert::IBM390 module. Could you folks
> point me to a good place to read about Unicode support in Perl so that I can
> think about how I should handle this? Thanks.
> --Geoffrey Rommel, Sears