develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 1999

Re: perl 5.005_03 hangs while flock-ing?

From:
Alex Farber
Date:
November 19, 1999 11:30
Re: perl 5.005_03 hangs while flock-ing?
Message ID:
3835A281.FAFFEC46@kawo2.rwth-aachen.de
Tom Christiansen wrote:
> >hopefully I am not doing some very stupid mistake at the end of a hard
> >working week, but the following script hangs (probably while trying to
> >flock) when I run it on the command line on my Debian Linux (unstable):
>
> Well, flock does hang.  Have you tried running lsof on the file to see
> who has it open?

Oops, correct - I thought I have killed the previous incarnation of
the same script when I closed the xterm window... but I probably haven't.

Thanks
/Alex