develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 1999

Re: perl_clone (was Re: Allow XS code to lock arbitrary scalars)

From:
Gurusamy Sarathy
Date:
November 16, 1999 16:16
Re: perl_clone (was Re: Allow XS code to lock arbitrary scalars)
Message ID:
199911170022.QAA20746@activestate.com
On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:28:48 EST, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
>On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 01:23:31PM -0800, bbense@networking.stanford.edu wrote:
>> - Pardon me for asking, but have I missed the discussions
>> on perl_clone? Exactly how would it work? How would I convert
>> an application using the current Thread model to the perl_clone
>> one?
>
>It's Sarathy's top-secret stealth project.  However, I think there is an
>early version in his CPAN home directory.

Yeah, it's called 5.005_62.  :-)

For a blow-by-blow on the current status post-5.005_62, see the usual
location:
    ftp://ftp.linux.activestate.com/pub/staff/gsar/APC/diffs/

Sarathy
gsar@ActiveState.com