develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 1999

[ID 19991103.010] bug in Localtime

From:
Rob van den Broeck
Date:
November 3, 1999 23:21
Subject:
[ID 19991103.010] bug in Localtime
Message ID:
210355C88854D111AD6F52544C00726728A6BA@edc-nts4.intraneta.edc
Dear reader,

I found a problem using the function localtime. Executing the below script
will give me a wrong value for $mon (10 i.s.o. 11):

($sec,$min,$hour,$day,$mon,$year,$wday,$yday,$isdst) = localtime(time) ;
printf "$year/$mon/$day\n";
printf "$hour:$min:$sec\n";
printf "$]\n";

output:

99/10/3
12:12:2
5.00503

using the functions date and time (MSDOS box under Windows NT 4)

Date: wo 03-11-1999
time: 12:12:02,32

Is this a bug in Perl ?

perl -V gives you:

Summary of my perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 5 subversion 03) configuration:
  Platform:
    osname=MSWin32, osvers=4.0, archname=MSWin32-x86-object
    uname=''
    hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=undef
    usethreads=undef useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef
  Compiler:
    cc='cl.exe', optimize='-O2 -MD -DNDEBUG -TP -GX', gccversion=
    cppflags='-DWIN32'
    ccflags ='-O2 -MD -DNDEBUG -TP -GX -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT
-DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DPERL_OBJECT'
    stdchar='char', d_stdstdio=define, usevfork=false
    intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8
    d_longlong=undef, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=10
    alignbytes=8, usemymalloc=n, prototype=define
  Linker and Libraries:
    ld='link', ldflags ='-nologo -nodefaultlib -release -machine:x86'
    libpth="C:\Perl\lib\core"
    libs= oldnames.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib  winspool.lib
comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib  oleaut32.lib netapi32.lib
uuid.lib wsock32.lib mpr.lib winmm.lib  version.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib
PerlCRT.lib
    libc=C:\Perl\lib\CORE\PerlCRT.lib, so=dll, useshrplib=yes,
libperl=perlcore.lib
  Dynamic Linking:
    dlsrc=dl_win32.xs, dlext=dll, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' '
    cccdlflags=' ', lddlflags='-dll -nologo -nodefaultlib -release
-machine:x86'

  Locally applied patches:
  	ActivePerl Build 519
  Built under MSWin32
  Compiled at Aug 12 1999 09:50:30
  @INC:
    c:/Perl/lib
    c:/Perl/site/lib
    .
Rob Van den Broeck
New EDC BV

e-mail: mailto:rbroeck@new-edc.nl
www :  http://www.new-edc.nl

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of New Europe Data Consult
BV (New EDC consists of two business units, EDC and OA). If you are not the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error
and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify the New EDC I&S
Department by email to postmaster@europe-data-consult.nl, or alternatively
by telephone on +31 (0) 10 4132399