develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 1999

Re: Make IO::Socket::INET pick up LocalAddr from the ENVIRONMENT

From:
Ilya Zakharevich
Date:
October 28, 1999 11:00
Re: Make IO::Socket::INET pick up LocalAddr from the ENVIRONMENT
Message ID:
199910281800.OAA01883@monk.mps.ohio-state.edu
M.J.T. Guy writes:

> Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no> wrote
> > -In addition to the key-value pairs accepted by L<IO::Socket>,
> > +In addition to the key-value pairs accepted by C<IO::Socket>,
> >  C<IO::Socket::INET> provides.
>
> Why are you suppressing that link?   Seems to me the Perl documentation
> needs more links rather than less.   Or is the link broken or something?

He is not suppressing any link.  C<IO::Socket> is a link too (with any
smart enough formatter).  With non-brain-dead formatters all he is
changing is the font used for the link.  And this change is to the best.

Ilya