develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 1999

Re: [BUG? 5.005_62] Out of date modules in core.

From:
Ilya Zakharevich
Date:
October 26, 1999 12:17
Re: [BUG? 5.005_62] Out of date modules in core.
Message ID:
199910261909.PAA24161@monk.mps.ohio-state.edu
Andreas J. Koenig writes:
>  > Devel::Peek on CPAN is for backlevel Perls.  Do not know how to
>  > designate this with version numbers.  Just did not want people doing
>
>  >   install Devel::Peek
>
>  > to get the latest snapshot of 5.005_7? from CPAN.  ;-)
>
> The bug in CPAN.pm you allude to is fixed for quite a while now. (IIRC)

Somehow I do not follow.  Perl5.005 requires Devel::Peek from CPAN
(the latest version found there).  Perl5.006 does not require
Devel::Peek from CPAN, period.  Similarly for Devel::DProf.

How should the versions on CPAN and in Perl distribution be organized
to allow for this?  Is not it indexer's job, or CPAN.pm's?

Ilya