develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 1999

Re: A) File::chmod; B) our()

From:
Gurusamy Sarathy
Date:
October 26, 1999 10:02
Re: A) File::chmod; B) our()
Message ID:
199910261708.KAA16124@activestate.com
On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:37:40 EDT, Jeff Pinyan wrote:
>A)
>
>As the author of File::chmod, I was just curious if I can get a status
>check, as to where its standing is regarding inclusion in the standard
>distribution.  A couple months back I'd heard it was being considered, and
>I've heard nothing since.

Me neither.  IIRC, someone said they'd provide a "better" implementation
for the core.  Feel free to follow up with that person.

>B)
>
>Sorry to pollute (point me to the docs if they exist), but what is the
>documentation surrounding the our() operator?  Methinks it is strongly
>linked to my(), and I've heard it's used for package variables.

Feeling shy about looking in the documentation, are we?

Sarathy
gsar@ActiveState.com