develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 1999

Re: [packrats] Happy birthday, CPAN!

From:
Elaine -HFB- Ashton
Date:
October 26, 1999 09:27
Re: [packrats] Happy birthday, CPAN!
Message ID:
19991026112451.C29132@chaos.wustl.edu
Andreas J. Koenig [andreas.koenig@anima.de] quoth:
*>
*>AFAIR on Aug 20 1995 the PAUSE pieces were assembled and running:
*>WU-FTP, an Apache, either 0.6.6 or 0.8.1, mirror, an mSQL database
*>with 53 authors and 35 modules, and a PAUSE daemon that worked like
*>the one today. One year later when PAUSE became the first publically
*>available mod_perl server I was in a very big hurry to have it in time
*>for the birthday. And then I posted somewhere the statistics (slightly
*>edited for readablilty):

Thanks Andreas :)

I'm curious about the 'first publically available mod_perl server' tidbit.
It that documented anywhere? I think that is a really cool bit of info
that should be remembered.

Also, if you have no objections, I'll go ahead and note that 26 October is
the 'official' birthdate for both CPAN and PAUSE since they go hand in
hand.

e.