develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 1999

Re: perlthread.pod -- First draft of thread docs

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
October 26, 1999 05:28
Re: perlthread.pod -- First draft of thread docs
Message ID:
3.0.6.32.19991026083108.00c6f810@tuatha.sidhe.org
At 08:18 AM 10/26/99 -0400, Rob Cunningham wrote:
>One comment--your documentation doesn't describe how perl objects can be
>locked, nor how subroutines can be locked. In the old documentation, you
could
>separate locked functions from locked-functions-per-object. The latter is a
>critical component for me (for a multi-thousand line program).

Forgot about that. I'll make some updates. (I think today's a 'fix the
docs' day) It definitely does make a difference in behavior.

>BTW, We (actually--Brian Mancuso, primarily), are working on a perl
>threads/REGEXP fix and we've already developed a simple test. Brian reports
>that perl REGEXP code is nasty stuff, or we'd be done by now.

Really? Cool. On the dev branch, I hope. (You're a braver man than I to
dive into the regex code...)

					Dan

Dan Sugalski                            even samurai
dan@sidhe.org                           have teddy bears and even
                                        teddy bears get drunk