develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 1999

Re: perlthread.pod -- First draft of thread docs

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
October 26, 1999 05:25
Re: perlthread.pod -- First draft of thread docs
Message ID:
14357.40363.430758.118949@jaspis.hut.fi

Rob Cunningham writes:
 > BTW, We (actually--Brian Mancuso, primarily), are working on a perl
 > threads/REGEXP fix and we've already developed a simple test. Brian reports
 > that perl REGEXP code is nasty stuff, or we'd be done by now.

I call that an understatement :-)

On which code base are you doing this threads/regexp work?

I guess the Perl 5.6 developer track, of which the 5.005_62 is the
latest release, would be the primary choice to work on.  Many changes
(such as utf8) have happened since the 5.005, which is in maintenance
mode and currently at 5.005_03.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen