develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 1999

Re: perlthread.pod -- First draft of thread docs

From:
Rob Cunningham
Date:
October 26, 1999 05:18
Re: perlthread.pod -- First draft of thread docs
Message ID:
38159C0D.266A31C9@ll.mit.edu
One comment--your documentation doesn't describe how perl objects can be
locked, nor how subroutines can be locked. In the old documentation, you could
separate locked functions from locked-functions-per-object. The latter is a
critical component for me (for a multi-thousand line program).

BTW, We (actually--Brian Mancuso, primarily), are working on a perl
threads/REGEXP fix and we've already developed a simple test. Brian reports
that perl REGEXP code is nasty stuff, or we'd be done by now.

Rob
--
Dr. Robert K. Cunningham       Information System Technology Group
  rkc@ll.mit.edu                     MIT Lincoln Laboratory