develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 1999

Re: Happy birthday, CPAN!

From:
Ilya Zakharevich
Date:
October 25, 1999 17:41
Re: Happy birthday, CPAN!
Message ID:
199910260041.UAA20558@monk.mps.ohio-state.edu
Jarkko Hietaniemi writes:
> But anyway: thank the original packrats people, the list was what
> made the archive, I was just the one who broke down first :-) and
> actually implemented the ideas.
>
> Nowadays the major part of new (and updated) CPAN material comes from
> PAUSE, from the hundreds of authors, and for funneling and
> redistributing all that creative power that we must thank Andreas.
> Thanks, Andreas.

Thanks, Jarkko!  Thanks, Andreas!  Thanks everybody who makes our
lives easier!  ;-)

But indeed, it is very hard to believe that 4 years ago we had
something as down-to-earth as c.l.tcl is today...  [After each visit
to c.l.tcl I feel as if taking off 32kg backpack.]

Yes, it positively feels like flying with all the levitation you guys
create!

Ilya