develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 1999

Re: Happy birthday, CPAN!

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
October 25, 1999 16:03
Re: Happy birthday, CPAN!
Message ID:
14356.57790.772247.12705@jaspis.hut.fi

Jarkko Hietaniemi writes:

 > CPAN is four years old today the 26th of October.
 >
 > Well, to pick nits, in 14 hours or so, CPAN went publicly online on

Before somebody picks my already nicely picked nits...I should've said
in 16 hours so because Finland is two hours ahead of GMT...

But anyway: thank the original packrats people, the list was what
made the archive, I was just the one who broke down first :-) and
actually implemented the ideas.

Nowadays the major part of new (and updated) CPAN material comes from
PAUSE, from the hundreds of authors, and for funneling and
redistributing all that creative power that we must thank Andreas.
Thanks, Andreas.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen