develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 1999

Re: [p5p] Happy birthday, CPAN!

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
October 25, 1999 15:25
Re: [p5p] Happy birthday, CPAN!
Message ID:
14356.55485.76524.795462@jaspis.hut.fi

Brad Appleton writes:
 > On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 12:29:48AM +0300, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
 > > CPAN is four years old today the 26th of October.
 >
 > Hmmn - I thought it was Aug 20, not Oct 26 (or am I thinking of PAUSE)?

August, yes, the first Module List where franz is mentioned came out
the 25th of August 1995, but on which you base the 20th?

I would love to find a definite record of a PAUSE announcement,
but off-hand I cannot, either from c.l.p.a or from (old) packrats
archives...  Maybe there was no definite "opening day"?  The
discussions on packrats about franz/PAUSE do happen near the
20th, e.g. PAUSE is mentioned by Andreas for the first time
the 16th.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen