develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 1999

Re: perlfunc annonations or OOB enhancements?

From:
Adam Turoff
Date:
August 27, 1999 18:06
Re: perlfunc annonations or OOB enhancements?
Message ID:
37C735F7.D2C1C9F0@isinet.com
Tom Christiansen wrote:

> >Adding context-sensitive function descriptions can display the
> >order of the parameters when you're not sure whether $year is
> >item 4 or item 5, but *do* remember that it is year - 1900.  I'd say
> >that this is a common case.
>
> Perhaps you just need a data file in the proper format.
>
> wraeththu(tchrist)% usage strcmp
> int     strcmp(a, b) char *a, *b; { return(1); }

Funny, that looks like out-of-band markup, at least to me.  :-)

These kinds of prototypes are also missing from perlfunc.  The
question remains, do we add them to perlfunc, or keep them external?
Same for all of the modules.

I'd argue for adding =funclist or something like it to POD
to throw all of these prototypes.  Ignore at will, or enhance
your output instead.  :-)

-- Adam