develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 1999

Re: perlfunc annonations or OOB enhancements?

From:
Tom Christiansen
Date:
August 27, 1999 17:51
Re: perlfunc annonations or OOB enhancements?
Message ID:
199908280050.SAA13284@jhereg.perl.com
>Adding context-sensitive function descriptions can display the
>order of the parameters when you're not sure whether $year is
>item 4 or item 5, but *do* remember that it is year - 1900.  I'd say
>that this is a common case.

Perhaps you just need a data file in the proper format.

wraeththu(tchrist)% usage strcmp
int     strcmp(a, b) char *a, *b; { return(1); }

wraeththu(tchrist)% ls -l `which usage`
    1 -rwxr-xr-x  1 tchrist  wheel         172 Mar 28  1985 /home/tchrist/scripts/usage*

wraeththu(tchrist)% cat `which usage`
#!/bin/csh -f
if ($#argv < 1) then
        echo "usage: $0 function ..."