develooper Front page | perl.perl1.porters | Postings from December 2002

Wacko build?

From:
John Porter
Date:
December 18, 2002 17:28
Subject:
Wacko build?
Message ID:
20021219012814.19955.qmail@web10801.mail.yahoo.com

Hey, thanks to everyone for getting this distro out,
especially in time for perl's birthday.

Now, when I 'make depend', it brings my linux box to its knees.
I mean it absolutely slammed my machine.  No mouse movement,
screen clock didn't tick for almost an hour.  Just disk grinding.
At one point, I got a glimpse of 'top' and it showed a huge
number of 'make depend's running.  I had to hit the big red
button.
I'm no expert, but something tells me that this is not normal. :-)

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,
John Douglas Porter