develooper Front page | perl.perl1.porters | Postings from December 2002

Perl 1.0.15 released

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
December 18, 2002 15:56
Subject:
Perl 1.0.15 released
Message ID:
20021218235532.GA852@blackrider.schwern.org
"...I was within there, and all I viewed,
the chambered treasure, when chance allowed me
(and my path was made in no pleasant wise)
under the earth-wall. Eager, I seized
such heap from the hoard as hands could bear
and hurriedly carried it hither back
to my liege and lord. Alive was he still,
still wielding his wits. The wise old man
spake much in his sorrow, and sent you greetings
and bade that ye build, when he breathed no more,
on the place of his balefire a barrow high,
memorial mighty. Of men was he
worthiest warrior wide earth o'er
the while he had joy of his jewels and burg.
Let us set out in haste now, the second time
to see and search this store of treasure,
these wall-hid wonders, -- the way I show you, --
where, gathered near, ye may gaze your fill
at broad-gold and rings. Let the bier, soon made,
be all in order when out we come,
our king and captain to carry thither
-- man beloved -- where long he shall bide
safe in the shelter of sovran God."

     -- Wiglaf, son of Weohstan

As a birthday present to Perl and Larry, through the work of the
perl1-porters, in particular Richard Clamp, resurrected here is Perl 1.0
with minimal patches for modern machines.

http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/src/perl-1.0_15.tar.gz

Perl Quality Assurance      <perl-qa@perl.org>         Kwalitee Is Job One
Cottleston, Cottleston, Cottleston Pie.
Why does a chicken, I don't know why.
Ask me a riddle and I reply:
"Cottleston, Cottleston, Cottleston Pie."