develooper Front page | perl.perl1.porters | Postings from August 2002

Re: Please hold, a pumpking will be with you shortly

From:
Richard Clamp
Date:
August 5, 2002 13:34
Re: Please hold, a pumpking will be with you shortly
Message ID:
20020805203325.GB1233@mirth.demon.co.uk
On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 12:10:29PM -0400, Andy Dougherty wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Aug 2002, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> >     Small scale portability, modernization and bug fixes preferred.
>
> lots of perl1 bug fixes can be found already implemented in the perl2
> sources.

Top tip.  Thanks.

> I recognize that perl2 doesn't have the same marketing appeal as perl1,
> and that may ultimately be more important, but it's worth a moment's
> thought.

My moments thought (after getting my first compile of perl1) was
"right! let's get cracking on perls 2-4".  The idea still has a lot of
appeal to me, but my aim is currently to get a perl1 that passes all
its tests on as many systems as I can find, then go from there.

--
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net>