develooper Front page | perl.perl1.porters | Postings from August 2002

Re: Please hold, a pumpking will be with you shortly

From:
Brian Ingerson
Date:
August 5, 2002 12:22
Re: Please hold, a pumpking will be with you shortly
Message ID:
20020805122210.K12633@ttul.org
On 05/08/02 12:10 -0400, Andy Dougherty wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Aug 2002, Michael G Schwern wrote:
>
> > I'm currently travelling around and won't be ready to organize this show for
> > a week or two yet.  I've already put the wheels in motion to set up the
> > necessary infrastructure, so that should all be ready to go once I've
> > settled down.
>
> One question before you go too far:  Would you consider doing
> perl2 instead of perl1?  I ask because the perl2/Changes file lists
> the following two items that I think are particularly relevant:

I have considered land grabbing the pumpking job for Perl2 or Perl3.
(It's only a matter of time, right?) But right now I have more important
things to do, like backporting Inline and YAML support into Perl1. Oh,
and of course into the Korn Shell as well.

Cheers, Brian