develooper Front page | perl.perl1.porters | Postings from August 2002

Re: Please hold, a pumpking will be with you shortly

From:
Richard Clamp
Date:
August 4, 2002 15:38
Re: Please hold, a pumpking will be with you shortly
Message ID:
20020804223716.GA25578@mirth.demon.co.uk
On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 12:33:37PM -0700, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> Meanwhile, if Richard would like, he can maintain an unofficial repository
> so people have access to a working version to play with.

Works for me so long as nobody swamps my dsl. Since we don't seem to
have diverged too much so far I'm fairly happy that I won't be
collating junk.

> The sources and patches I've been working from, including the hacked version
> I was using at YAPC, are here:
> http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/src/retroperl/perl1/

This is the commit that merges 1.0.14-modern to my version.  The
attached file, extra.patch, is the few things I've done differently
but intend to retain. (excluding the diff to Configure which is huge).

I seem to be out by a whole 9 lines, 4 of which (the setenv->PL_setenv
rename) come from my personal paranoia about conflicting symbols, and
2 from the OS X driven "where's sed" fix.

--
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net>