develooper Front page | perl.perl1.porters | Postings from August 2002

Re: Please hold, a pumpking will be with you shortly

From:
John Porter
Date:
August 4, 2002 14:23
Re: Please hold, a pumpking will be with you shortly
Message ID:
20020804212316.6212.qmail@web10804.mail.yahoo.com

Michael G Schwern wrote:
> I haven't decided if moving to ANSI C is desirable.

My first inclination is to say "Of COURSE it's desirable".
But then you realize that that isn't the fundamental question.
I think the more fundamental question is, what kind of
platforms do you want to target?
If the idea is to make perl1 a highly portable small language,
then clearly that drives the kinds of changes we make.
So, what are the compilers *really* like for Pilots, cellphones,
set-top boxes, etc.?

--
JohnDouglasPorter