develooper Front page | perl.perl1.porters | Postings from August 2002

Please hold, a pumpking will be with you shortly

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
August 4, 2002 12:34
Subject:
Please hold, a pumpking will be with you shortly
Message ID:
20020804193336.GC587@ool-18b93024.dyn.optonline.net
I'm currently travelling around and won't be ready to organize this show for
a week or two yet.  I've already put the wheels in motion to set up the
necessary infrastructure, so that should all be ready to go once I've
settled down.

Meanwhile, if Richard would like, he can maintain an unofficial repository
so people have access to a working version to play with.  The basic
criterion are:

    Small scale portability, modernization and bug fixes preferred.

    No syntax changes.  perl5-porters is ten years down, first swirling
    vortex on your left.

I haven't decided if moving to ANSI C is desirable.

The sources and patches I've been working from, including the hacked version
I was using at YAPC, are here:
http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/src/retroperl/perl1/

Thanks for being patient.

Perl Quality Assurance      <perl-qa@perl.org>         Kwalitee Is Job One