develooper Front page | perl.pep | Postings from June 2018

Are Email::* modules unmaintained?

From:
pali
Date:
June 25, 2018 09:08
Are Email::* modules unmaintained?
Message ID:
20180625090832.r4ugq7fk33wk3rbe@pali
Hi! I would like to ask: What is the state of the perl Email::* modules?
Currently there are lot of open pull request without review, some of
there more then year. Who is the maintainer or supporter of Email::*
modules? Currently, rjbs as primary person does not respond to emails.

For Email::MIME & co there is e.g. prepared change which add support for
Unicode file names and more people are asking when it will be merged.
Apparently there is no reaction on this topic.

So what is status of Email::* modules? Does silence now mean that
modules are abandoned / unmaintained? I guess so.

PS: Is somebody still active on this pep mailing list?