develooper Front page | perl.pep | Postings from February 2018

Re: Patches for Email::* modules

From:
pali
Date:
February 8, 2018 14:03
Re: Patches for Email::* modules
Message ID:
20180208140227.GA5914@pali
On Friday 02 February 2018 11:55:28 pali@cpan.org wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 November 2017 10:46:46 pali@cpan.org wrote:
> > On Monday 27 November 2017 10:24:51 Ricardo Signes wrote:
> > > * pali@cpan.org [2017-11-24T08:08:28]
> > >
> > > I do plan to work through these.  The situation roughly like this:
> > >
> > > * I am very busy
> > > * Insufficiently-reviewed changes could make me much more busy
> > >
> > > So, code review keeps getting bumped while I try to try to make time.  Part of
> > > the reason I'm busy is my day job, which relies, in part, on some of these
> > > libraries.  So, I should be able to do some of this stuff on the clock soon.  I
> > > just haven't been because I've been trying to get some other things done,
> > > first.
> > >
> > > I'll schedule a few days between Christmas and February 1, if not sooner.
> >
> > Great! Thank you for information. I would wait for reviews.
>
> Hi! Feb 1 already passed and people on github are asking when new
> version with fixes is released... Any update for Email::* modules?

Hi!

There are still unfixed bugs introduced in last Email:: module releases
which were reported back in September with proposed fixes...

https://github.com/rjbs/Email-MIME-ContentType/pull/9
https://github.com/rjbs/Email-MIME-ContentType/pull/10
https://github.com/rjbs/Email-MIME/pull/49
https://github.com/rjbs/Email-MIME/pull/54
https://github.com/rjbs/Email-Stuffer/issues/44

Are you going to fix them? More people are already asking for it.

Also there are pull requests with new features, main part is proper
support for Unicode file names.

https://github.com/rjbs/Email-MIME-ContentType/pull/11
https://github.com/rjbs/Email-Simple/pull/17
https://github.com/rjbs/Email-MIME/pull/50