develooper Front page | perl.pep | Postings from November 2017

Re: Any advice for a searchable web archiver ?

From:
Eric Wong
Date:
November 21, 2017 01:17
Re: Any advice for a searchable web archiver ?
Message ID:
20171121011717.GB5647@dcvr
Marc Chantreux <marc.chantreux@renater.fr> wrote:
> hello,
>
> > public-inbox is Perl, uses Email::MIME, and (optionally) uses
> > Xapian like notmuch.  The Perl bits around search indexing is
> > ported to Perl from what I understood of the C++ code in notmuch.
>
> it seems you explored very interesting concepts. however i didn't
> understand how to install/test/hack on it.

Which parts of the INSTALL, HACKING, or README were unclear?

https://public-inbox.org/INSTALL
https://public-inbox.org/HACKING
https://public-inbox.org/README

I can try to clarify (sorry, not online much due to upcoming holidays)

It uses MakeMaker like most Perl modules, but haven't made a
tarball release, yet, so you can just:

	git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox

to grab the source