develooper Front page | perl.pep | Postings from November 2017

Re: Any advice for a searchable web archiver ?

From:
Peter Karman
Date:
November 20, 2017 14:07
Re: Any advice for a searchable web archiver ?
Message ID:
9e676865-3934-785f-1e4a-ed5af8bfd428@peknet.com
Marc Chantreux wrote on 11/19/17 2:52 PM:
> Hello,
>
> As the sympa community (http://www.sympa.org) recently grown, we are
> thinking about revamping the whole UI and we would like to have
> a new web archiver based on:
>
> * no default frontend but exposing the API through REST, websockets or
>    whatever.
> * maximizing the interactions between Sympa and CPAN
> * trying to avoid other dynamic langage or jvm dependency
>    (or considering them as temporary solutions)
> * being JMAP friendly (we bet on it to become a very healthy community)
>
> My first idea was to use notmuch, PEP modules and Dancer on top of
> maildirs then i discover Dezi (inactive since 2015) and the use of
> Lucy (also used by the very active librecat project).

I like to think that Dezi, like Lucy, is stable rather than inactive, but your
point is taken. :)

> I know Dezi is a general search engine but i hope that taking care of
> a good email support for it than reinvent the wheel.

You could use Dezi::App with something like
https://metacpan.org/pod/Dezi::Aggregator::MailFS to index email messages. Then
serve the index(es) with the Dezi server. That's definitely a known use case.

pek

--
Peter Karman  .  https://karpet.github.io  .  https://keybase.io/peterkarman