develooper Front page | perl.pep | Postings from January 2017

Re: Email::MIME and headerless parts

From:
Eric Wong
Date:
January 10, 2017 22:17
Re: Email::MIME and headerless parts
Message ID:
20170110221719.GA27356@dcvr
"Matthew Horsfall (alh)" <wolfsage@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 5:33 AM, Eric Wong <e@80x24.org> wrote:
> > [...]
> > The problem manifests when the part has no header.
> > For example, the first rendered part of the message at is
> > missing the first 3 lines of the body:
>
> Thanks for bringing this up!
>
> I tested the attached script and it appears that my PR here fixes it:
>
>   https://github.com/rjbs/Email-MIME/pull/28/files
>
> This hasn't been merged yet, there may still be some more work to do
> on it, but hopefully we'll get it sorted soon.

Thanks for the pointer!  I've introduced a monkey patch into
public-inbox with your changes to workaround the problem in currently
released versions of Email::MIME, for now:

   https://public-inbox.org/meta/20170110220718.5106-1-e@80x24.org/raw

So yeah, links to Richard's emails in my original message display
correctly, at least:

https://public-inbox.org/git/20170110004031.57985-1-hansenr@google.com/
http://hjrcffqmbrq6wope.onion/git/20170110004031.57985-1-hansenr@google.com/