develooper Front page | perl.pep | Postings from May 2016

Re: Email::Address::XS

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
May 28, 2016 20:33
Re: Email::Address::XS
Message ID:
20160528203302.GA30151@debian
* pali@cpan.org [2016-05-23T13:05:39]
> I created new perl module Email::Address::XS for parsing and formatting
> email groups or addresses. Parser is borrowed from dovecot and that part
> implemented in C/XS.

Cool!

> Thanks to named group support I would like to extend Email::MIME module
> to allow passing directly Email::Address::XS objects, not only string
> headers to make MIME encoding and decoding from applications easier.
>
> What do you think about it?

I'm not sure what you're suggesting.  Do you mean:

  Email::MIME->create(..., header => [ To => $addr_xs, ...  ]);

...as opposed to:

  Email::MIME->create(..., header => [ To => $addr_xs->as_string, ...  ]);

?  Could you elaborate?

--
rjbs