develooper Front page | perl.pep | Postings from July 2014

Re: Derrivative code

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
Re: Derrivative code
Message ID:
20140707014937.GB17924@cancer.codesimply.com
* Geoffrey Leach <geoff@hughes.net> [2014-07-05T18:30:19]
> I'm  at work on MH.pm, which I hope to submit to CPAN as
> Email::LocalDelivery:MH.pm. The code is based on
> Email::LocalDelivery::Maildir.pm
>
> Question, in such a case is there a preference for maintaining the format,
> naming conventions, etc. of the original code?

I don't think it matters, as long as the interface is compatible.

FWIW, I am soon going to abandon maintenance of Email::LocalDelivery.  I only
have one line of code still using it.  For all other things, I now use
Email::Sender.

--
rjbs