develooper Front page | perl.pep | Postings from January 2012

Re: backwards incompatible asciihood change in Email::Address

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
January 15, 2012 07:10
Re: backwards incompatible asciihood change in Email::Address
Message ID:
20120115150939.GA16442@cancer.codesimply.com
* Ruslan Zakirov <ruz@bestpractical.com> [2012-01-15T08:22:23]
> May be it's proper from RFC point of view, but it breaks Request
> Tracker application and it's going to cost a lot of development to get
> it fixed.

I've updated Github's repo with a change to only reject non-ASCII in the email
address, which really is a problem.  My guess is that you were having a problem
with the decoded phrase legally containing non-ASCII.

Please let me know if this helps, and if so, I will add some tests, adjust the
docs, and release.

--
rjbs