develooper Front page | perl.pep | Postings from November 2011

Re: ARF MIME reports best perl options

From:
Steve Atkins
Date:
November 10, 2011 17:25
Re: ARF MIME reports best perl options
Message ID:
38989B31-B0E8-42FA-8512-19F21D15D3BE@blighty.com

On Nov 10, 2011, at 5:16 PM, Joseph Crotty wrote:

> I need to be sending out ARF (i.e., RFC 5965) reports on a production
> systems, possibly 100-1,000 ARFS/second, using perl.

That's pretty high volume.

>  What's my best bet
> both in terms of performance and adherence to RFC draft spec for ARF?
> Email::ARF::Report
> look promising, but warns it's not "production ready."

That's probably the smart choice.

MIME::ARF is the other module that's in production use, but it was mostly
written to debug the ARF spec during development rather than being
intended for actual use.

http://wordtothewise.com/resources/arfdeveloper.html

Cheers,
  Steve