develooper Front page | perl.pep | Postings from April 2010

Email::Folder stuck at first message

From:
Eddie Rowe
Date:
April 14, 2010 08:42
Email::Folder stuck at first message
Message ID:
4BC5E239.2040904@tarheeloesrescue.org
I have tried to process messages from a Mozilla Thunderbid INBOX file.

[code]
  use Email::Folder;

  my $folder = Email::Folder->new("c:/users/eddie/desktop/INBOX.txt");

  while( my $message = $folder->next_message ) {
      print join "\n", map { $_->header('Date') } $message;
}
[/code]

the INBOX file was copied from my Thunderbird profile data and renamed.
This above code should spit out dates of all emails in the inbox, but it
stops after one message.  Am I doing something wrong to prevent the
processing of the entire file?

Thanks,
Eddie Rowe