develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from May 2019

Running pp from inside a perl script/PAR generated executable

From:
Daniel Knutsen
Date:
May 31, 2019 04:05
Subject:
Running pp from inside a perl script/PAR generated executable
Message ID:
CAKQhid7bgcPR9SCXYeD270_BP-7yiGQ6us0FDTUGzTC6st7bNQ@mail.gmail.com
Good evening,

I am trying to distribute a perl script that generates stand-alone
executables using pp (via the system command...) to some co-worker(s).
They don't have Perl/PAR::Packer installed on their machines...so I am
trying to use PAR to basically "package itself" such that I can command
generation of the executable from inside the perl script in such a way that
I can then use pp to generate a executable version of the perl script.
This effectively results in a PAR generated executable that generates
another PAR generated executable...

Have any of you done this before or know of a way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!!!

Dan