develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from April 2019

Codesign macOS executable created pp

From:
welle Ozean via par
Date:
April 12, 2019 21:34
Subject:
Codesign macOS executable created pp
Message ID:
CAL0NCLvGCFPHNbibazpc1sYxAX46Op8FZiZOfA7p6vF4wsHahw@mail.gmail.com
Hello,

I need some help with the following issue. I need to codesign my macOS .app
containing an executable created with pp. Unfortunately code signing fails
with the error 'main executable failed strict validation'

The .app contains many files (even other binaries) and code signing works
without problems if the executable generated with pp is taken out. So the
issue must be with this very executable. (I also use the option --deep to
allow code signing of any nested file).

I found this
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28863500/code-signing-in-mac-with-perl-scripts-compiled-with-parpacker-fails
but I am not sure if it has to do with pp and, furthermore, there is not a
complete solution.

So, any help in solving this issue would be very much appreciated.

Welle