develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from August 2018

Adding to Module::ScanDeps %Preload?

From:
haj
Date:
August 31, 2018 16:32
Subject:
Adding to Module::ScanDeps %Preload?
Message ID:
87va7qh5bh.fsf@posteo.de
Hello Packers,

is there a policy or recommendation how to deal with dependencies which
can't be detected by the heuristics in Module::ScanDeps?

I could prepare a Pull Request, but the list of hardcoded dependencies
is already quite long, and perhaps no one else has the same issue.  For
my own purpose, I have a trivial workaround.

The background: after several years I tried to re-pack an old
application and stumbled over dependencies which Module::ScanDeps does
not detect. These modules are loaded with Module::Load.

The dependencies are:

HTTP::Entity::Parser depends on the following four modules:
  HTTP::Entity::Parser::OctetStream
  HTTP::Entity::Parser::UrlEncoded
  HTTP::Entity::Parser::MultiPart
  HTTP::Entity::Parser::JSON - which in turn loads the three-faced
    JSON::MaybeXS (Cpanel::JSON::XS or JSON::XS or JSON::PP).

HTTP::Entity::Parser is used by Plack::Request which is used by quite a
few CPAN distributions (and in my application).
--
Cheers,
haj