develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from September 2008

Can't find DLL for bundled Tkx application

From:
Michael Carman
Date:
September 26, 2008 16:32
Subject:
Can't find DLL for bundled Tkx application
Message ID:
48DD712D.3060208@mchsi.com
I'm having difficulties using pp to create a self-contained executable
of a Tkx application. Tkx depends on tkkit.dll, which isn't found when I
try to run the program:

    Failed to load Tcl dll! at ...DynaLoader.pm line 224.

Tcl.pm is looking through @INC for auto/Tcl/tkkit.dll. If I open the exe
file using IZarc I can see that the DLL has been included under
/inc/lib/auto/Tcl. I checked the run cache and it isn't getting unpacked
(anywhere). For fun I copied tkkit.dll into /inc/lib/auto/Tcl and my
application ran, so this appears to be my only stumbling block.

I found a thread[1] in the archives that suggested using the -l <lib>
option. If I do that the DLL does get unpacked to the cache root, but
Tcl.pm can't find it there.

Is there anything I can do about this?

-mjc

[1] http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.par/2004/08/msg1625.html