develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from September 2008

Advice for PAR please

From:
evanh
Date:
September 25, 2008 08:09
Subject:
Advice for PAR please
Message ID:
1605.129.67.44.190.1222345191.squirrel@morse.well.ox.ac.uk
Hi Everyone,

I am an inexperienced programmer that is trying to package a fairly
modular software application that is comprised of a main perl script
supported by several libraries in Perl and R. I am trying to decide
whether PAR will be the right way for me to go. Does anyone have a minute
to explain a bit about how it will work and what I will have once the
packaging is complete? Will I be able to distribute the software and make
it easily downloadable to anyone who wants to use it? (This is my goal)
Any help that you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Evan