develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from September 2008

is exe field patchable

From:
bob
Date:
September 17, 2008 06:21
Subject:
is exe field patchable
Message ID:
1050.12.105.86.170.1221657666.squirrel@bobsbits.net
make an exe and give it to customer (machine with nothing on it).
Can I send just the perl script and then patch the exe with zip?

I don't think this will work because of a signature and size appended to
the end of the file. But I wanted a second opinion from the crowd. Would
it be a good idea to have the exe's field upgradable or is this something
that could lead to abuse. i.e. virus insertion etc.