develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from September 2008

Re: Storable and pp --clean

From:
Roderich Schupp
Date:
September 1, 2008 01:51
Re: Storable and pp --clean
Message ID:
dc1a74f20809010150u3111e41es917f81b08e549bd2@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 12:21 AM, Ch Lamprecht <ch.l.ngre@online.de> wrote:

> trying to pack an application that uses Storable with the --clean switch I
> got stuck:

Forget about --clean, it's a red herring. FWIW I can reproduce your
problem without --clean on Solaris.

It looks like some weird interaction between PAR and Autoloader.
The reason for the error message seems to be that auto/Storable/_retrieve.al
is loaded BEFORE auto/Storable/autosplit.ix (so that logcarp isn't known
to be a sub). In fact, I get the same error message by doing

$  perl -cw .../auto/Storable/_retrieve.al

Cheers, Roderich