develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from August 2008

Re: pp and Term::ReadLine gives warnings

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
August 29, 2008 11:17
Re: pp and Term::ReadLine gives warnings
Message ID:
48B83D28.7070905@sneakemail.com
Hi Gabor,

Gabor Szabo wrote:
> pp    hw.pl  -M Term::ReadLine
> Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> /home/gabor/perl5lib/lib/PAR/Packer.pm line 755.
> Use of uninitialized value in length at
> /home/gabor/perl5lib/lib/PAR/Packer.pm line 786.
>

> where hw.pl is just
>
>      print "hello";

This is a Module::ScanDeps problem. I haven't been able to find out what
exactly is happening, but for some reason, the dependency scan using
Module::ScanDeps adds an entry to the results hash which lacks some
necessary information.

The bug must be somehow related to how PAR::Packer adds the modules
specified with -M to the list of files to scan. Or maybe it's related to
that Term/ReadLine/readline.pm is actually "package readline;"? I'm
really too tired to find out what's wrong.

For completeness sake, here's the dump of the "rv" hash entry for
"readline.pm". Maybe somebody has an idea how this happened.

$VAR1 = {
          'uses' => [
                      'Term/ReadKey.pm',
                      'Term/Cap.pm',