develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from August 2008

Re: libwx_gtk2_html-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

From:
Roderich Schupp
Date:
August 29, 2008 00:57
Re: libwx_gtk2_html-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Message ID:
dc1a74f20808290057u3bfd1df9k6b522628bbd07df5@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Eric Wilhelm
<scratchcomputing@gmail.com> wrote:

> You might want to look at the strace.  It doesn't try to load any .0
> file for libwx_base libwx_gtk2_html or libwx_gtk2_stc

But that's the problem: it SHOULD try to load the .so.0 files
because that is the correct "internal" name for them
(run "readelf -d ..." on them and grep for SONAME).

I grepped a little in the wxwidgets 2.8 source and found
a wrapper function for dlopen there (something
like wxDynamicDll::RawLoad). Apparently - for some
plugins or extensions - wxwidgets does the loading
of shared libs itself. Glancing at the sources, it looks
like you might be able to call this dlopen wrapper
with a library name without the extension (which would
make sense for platform independence), in which case
it will add ".so" (for Linux). This might be the explanation
for the above behaviour.

Cheers, Roderich