develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from August 2008

Re: libwx_gtk2_html-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

From:
Eric Wilhelm
Date:
August 29, 2008 00:02
Re: libwx_gtk2_html-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Message ID:
200808290001.52052.ewilhelm@cpan.org
# from Gabor Szabo
# on Thursday 28 August 2008 07:22:

>but I though I included all 3:
>using this script: http://svn.perlide.org/padre/trunk/create_exe

Here's a snippet from the dotReader build file that I was using to
package that par.

    my @wxlibs;

    if(eval { require Alien::wxWidgets }) {
      Alien::wxWidgets->import();
      my $base = Alien::wxWidgets->prefix . '/lib/';
      @wxlibs = map({$base . $_}
        Alien::wxWidgets->shared_libraries);
    }

This avoids explicitly listing the lib files.  Also note that those
don't contain any .0's

You might want to look at the strace.  It doesn't try to load any .0
file for libwx_base libwx_gtk2_html or libwx_gtk2_stc

  strace -o /tmp/stracefile perl -e '
    use Wx qw(:everything); use Wx::Html; use Wx::STC'

  grep libwx_gtk2_stc /tmp/stracefile
  grep libwx_base_net /tmp/stracefile
  grep libwx_gtk2_html /tmp/stracefile

--Eric
--
"Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value."
--Murphy's Constant