develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from July 2008

Re: PAR::Packer 0.982

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
Re: PAR::Packer 0.982
Message ID:
48916AFF.6030105@sneakemail.com
Hi Paul,

Paul Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Steffen Mueller
> <wyp3rlx02@sneakemail.com> wrote:
>> P.S.: Any volunteers for a win32 .par binary with 5.8.8 and 5.10.0?
>
> I would certainly do this (5.8.8), but what does it mean?  I'm
> assuming it means to par the blib dir in some way and then send it
> somewhere?  Also, there are quite a few win32 5.8.8 builds.  Are they
> all interchangeable enough that 5.8.8 is 5.8.8?

they sure used to be, but due to the mechanism of distributing .par's
via CPAN, we can only provide one implementation per Perl version and
platform anyway.

It's quite simple to generate a .par:

tar -xzf PAR-Packer-0.982.tar.gz
cd PAR-Packer-0.982
perl Makefile.PL
make
make par (this also runs the tests)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Steffen

P.S.: Thanks to Cosimo who already generated a .par for 5.10.