develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from July 2008

Re: Can't Install PAR::Packer 0.980

From:
Paul Miller
Date:
Re: Can't Install PAR::Packer 0.980
Message ID:
61b8ec410807240710p2f967ddfhedff81301e4c20f1@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Joe Fisher <joe.fisher@cf.distek.com> wrote:
> Not really quite sure if this list also applies to PAR::Packer, but for
> some reason I can't get this module to install correctly.  If I do
> 'nmake test', I always come up with:
>
> t/30-current_exec....# Please wait
> PAR::StrippedPARL::Static->get_raw() did not return the raw binary data
> for a PAR loader at blib\lib/PAR/StrippedPARL/Base.pm line 141, <DATA>
> line 1.
> Could not write temporary parl (class PAR::StrippedPARL::Static) to file
> 'C:\DOCUME~1\USER\LOCALS~1\Temp\parlv6hD.exe' at
> blib\lib/PAR/StrippedPARL/Base.pm line 65, <DATA> line 1.
> C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\PAR-Packer-0.980\blib\script\pp:
> Failed to extract a parl from 'PAR::StrippedPARL::Static' to file
> 'parl5w7AXVr.exe' at blib\lib/PAR/Packer.pm line 1157, <DATA> line 1.
>
> I'm running ActivePerl v5.10.0 build 1002 [283697].  Can anybody help me
> with this problem?

I don't see anything about this bug in the rt tickets.  Personally,
I'd post something there about it.  They're really good about fixing
things and adding features if there's enough information (and time).

You know, ... flip through the tickets a little yourself though.  Just
because I didn't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=PAR%3A%3APacker

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
93 jumps, 38.4 minutes of freefall, 75.1 freefall miles.