develooper Front page | perl.par | Postings from June 2008

RE: Strawberry Perl // Re: PAR installation question....

From:
Robert Davis
Date:
June 30, 2008 05:27
RE: Strawberry Perl // Re: PAR installation question....
Message ID:
3D162396F23CD448B15411C74930C3954502EC@usalwexmb2.infor.com

> And both lack a usable terminal application ;-) (BTW: Is there
something
> for windows?)

I use cygwin with bash. Works just like unix.

I do once and a while have a problem with interactive programs (like
cpan). The auto flushing isn't working. If I get 512 bytes it comes out
but for prompts and commands that isn't workable. There probably is some
fix but I haven't found it yet. Of course the cpan for perl cygwin works
fine. In a perl program I can set $| on STDOUT but I don't want to mess
with programs like ppm and cpan because they work fine with a dos
prompt.

There is also a bash for win32 but I haven't tried it yet.